To place an order, we need the following:
- Your name, address and phone number.
- Your credit card information: the card number (we take Visa, MasterCard, and now Discover), the expiration date, the address to which the credit card bill goes, and the three digit security code on the
signing strip. Our processing machine requires these for verification.
- The shipping address, if it is different from the billing address.
- If you're ordering signed books, tell us how you'd like them done (sign only, sign and date, inscription specifics)
- How you'd like the shipment sent — Shipping Charges for Regular Hardcovers and Paperbacks: UPS: charges are determined by the destination and can be calculated upon request, but they're going to
be higher than US Mail; Priority Mail: $6 for the first hardcover, $1 each other hc, $.50 each other pb. Bookrate/Media Mail: $4 for the first hardcover, $1 each other hc, $.50 each other pb. Bookrate/Media
Mail: $3 for the first paperback, $.50 each other pb. For books of greater heft, shipping will be for that individual shipment (i.e. a big reference book). Overseas shipments will be based on weight and
destination. Global Priority envelope shipment to Canada is $13 and $15 for Overseas. NOT all countries can accept or use GP envelopes, so check with us to make sure it'll work for you.
- We ship each weekday and have been doing this since 1990, so no arrangement is odd or difficult. We pack our shipments well so that they get to you in good shape the first time.
If you prefer to send a check, we'll have to give you a total for each shipment when it is ready to be shipped and hold the shipment until your check arrives.
Do you have a favorite author or two? Let us know and we'll automatically put aside their newest titles for you as they come in. We call this the Future File. Having such standing orders helps us to build our orders and gets your
favorites to you without you having to worry about keeping track of them. Our request to you is that, if we're providing you this service, you agree to support the service by buying the books that you have asked us to track.
And one last bit of persuasion: the reserves get the copies that arrive in the best condition.
If there are books that you want, but cannot find, let us know. As about half of our stock is used and we have "new" used books coming in all the time –
we very well might have what you can't find elsewhere, or we'll see it come in, put it aside and let you know. Please be as specific as you can: hardcover, 1st ed, condition, reading copy, paperback only, etc.
Top of Page
for mystery lovers who know what they want
those who haven't a clue...
117 Cherry Street in Pioneer Square
Seattle, WA 98104
(206) 587-5737 or email@example.com
We're Open Every Day:
Mon - Sat 10-5 and Sun 12-5